Wednesday, January 23, 2008

[What Am I Doing Here?]

I've been reading over others' first posts (besides the obligatory "test" posts, of course), and I feel temporarily convinced that I'm out of my element. You all sound so scholarly and compositionist-y (yes, that's a word, because I say so!), and I know that's not my style of writing. It doesn't feel natural coming from me--at least, not in a blog. But then again, I'm pretty much the queen of insecurity when it comes to, "Am I doing the right thing here?!" I'm sure I'll be fine.

This first week-and-a-half have been a little strange for me. I'm teaching a MWF class AND a TTh class, and I'm trying to keep them on the same page. In theory, it would work well. However, my two classes could not be more different as far as personality goes. They're like night and day! My TTh students are completely gung-ho and open to enjoying class--not to mention making sure they know what the assignment's about. They love asking questions and getting things done. My MWF class, on the other hand, well, I often wonder if they're asleep with their eyes open. It's a little painful, actually. I've never seen so many blank expressions and quizzical looks in one 20 by 20 foot room.

I could add more, but my cold meds are making my mind wander. I may come back to this topic tomorrow or Friday. Who knows?

1 Comments:

At February 1, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

I just wanted to say no, you are not out of your element and you have just as much to say as any of us. We all feel like that to some extent, and it's not really true.

Your supposedly "small" voice has quite a lot to offer--keep talking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home