Monday, January 28, 2008

[Changes]

Perhaps it's the lack of sunshine. Maybe I just have no discipline. Whatever the cause, I seem to lack the ability to get focused and get my work done this semester. That goes for teaching and learning. I feel a little hypocritical urging my students to get things in on time and work on them early when I'm still in the state of, "Oh, shoot, I have a three-page paper due in three hours. I guess I better get starte--Ooh, shiny thing!" Yes, it's that bad.

At any rate, there are some definite improvements this semester. I reworked my paper schedule for my classes, and it's a lot more ordered and predictable, making it easier for my students (and I) to remember due dates. I also am trying out the blog thing with my Tuesday/Thursday class, and they love it. I think they find it encouraging to read each other's daily jottings and to receive feed back on their own. I think I may integrate this in all classes from now on, though I may change the requirements based on course load and goals. I don't know... it's something to think about. At any rate, it's a consistent reminder that, oh yeah! I have a class blog of my own to write! And, voila! Here it is. Revel in its [lack of] glory, one and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home