Wednesday, February 13, 2008

At Last! A Voice!

Wow... that was a fast week!  I meant to post on Friday afternoon about how I finally got my MWF students to speak--and at times, enthusiastically.  Then, the idea flew out of my mind.  

Anyway, we're beginning our I-search this week in my classes, and I decided to try to get my students to actually talk about their potential topics.  For a few minutes, nothing.  Just a lot of eyes avoiding mine.  After a little announcement that I meant to have every single person talking willingly by the end of the semester, and a few pointed and extended bouts of direct eye contact, first one, then another student volunteered.  Another five minute later, we had discussion!  Finally!  I could've danced.  

Well, I was going to write more, but I took a rather painful slip on the wet floor of my bathroom this morning, landed flat on my back, and my head feels like an over-inflated balloon, so I'll pick back up on this topic later... perhaps after my Aleve kicks in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home