Sunday, March 9, 2008

Exploding-Head Syndrome

I think I may cry. I cannot believe how many F's I had to give out for midterms, and I warned them. The ones who turned everything in either got an A or a B... there were a couple C's and a couple D's, but then there was this huge chunk of F's... some of which were brilliant writers. The reason? Not bothering to turn things in. Pure and simple.

Barring common sense, realizing it's not my fault per se, I feel incredibly guilty. While I know better, I still find myself wondering if I could've done more. Blame it on my INFP/J personality... the whole "save the world" syndrome. I wouldn't be me if I didn't suffer from it. It's just frustrating.

I think a serious talk with my students is in my near future, one that includes the whole, "If you're overdoing it, you need to drop something now, even if it's this class."

This is one of those magical times when I question whether or not I'm doing the right thing in becoming a teacher. Again, the wise, reasoning side of me says of course I am, but there are a lot of sides to me, and right now, the worrywart-weight-of-the-world-on-my-shoulders side of me is prevalent. Meh.

My nose is twitching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home